Sunday 12 October 2008








By way of a short interlude from all the laughs and frivolity, don't worry there is lots more to come! Millie and I decided to take ourselves off out for the day to nearby Mistley. If you don't know it, it is a wonderful sleepy village on the banks of the Stour river. Whilst there, we spent most of the time in Mistley Place Park, a lovely little animal sanctuary where you can get right in the middle of all the animals, well apart from the ferocious looking pigs, but that's enough about me! Whilst Millie was in her element making friends with the various feathered and cloved hoofed friends, I was happy enough to snap away with my camera. Hope you like the snaps, I am not a pro, but I think they give you an idea of how lovely the place is, the egg & chips were nice too, all washed down with a nice hot cup of tea..... I won't put too many photos of the feeding, as I am sure Millie will be updating her blog also, so I will post my "scenic" ones instead.....

This is Mistley Lake, a beautiful, if not duck infested lake in the heart of the park. Happy are those with a full belly, and to be sure, there were plenty of happy ducks and geese!












So, onto Mistley Quay, a picturesque little spot, where I happily snapped away, trying to get some birds in flight! (you may need a magnifyer, but they are there!)











And as I love boats, here are a selcetion of photos of some lonely vessels waiting for the tide to come in....



















And if that wasn't enough, we was just in time to catch a glorious sunset....




And last but by no means least, I even managed to feed the most beautiful bird of all.... Millieus bloggus.........


3 comments:

Mandy said...

..and what a beautiful afternoon we had!!!

ermmm, lovely photos but not so sure about the last one!!!! lol

Love you xxx

betty said...

loved the pictures! it seems like you and Millie had a glorious time!

betty

RuthnJasper said...

Awwwwwwwwww - you are just SO sweet! Thank you so much for your kind comment about our blog, that REALLY encourages us - we're glad you like us!

We sought out your profile - you look like one of Ruth's colleagues, and isn't Millie pretty? It was nice to find you online!

We're building up lots of other stuff while we're uploading the backlog to Blogspot... New ladies in Jasper's life.... and some cheese.

Keep smiling!

lots of love to you and Millie,
Jasper & Ruth xxx